Corvallis Mustangs Baseball is not a club team. We do not hold Tryouts. All abilities welcome.
Through exceptional coaching, we hope to provide players with the necessary skills to gain success both on and off of the field. We offer Instruction and information for all ages via Camps, Clinics, Private Lessons, and Fall Instructional Leagues.
This year’s Corvallis Mustang’s Fall Ball Team(s) will focus on providing players with the opportunity to work on and develop the physical & mental skills necessary to make the transition from a little league to a high school environment.
Fall Instructional League
- Emphasizing the fundamentals during the first half of the season: proper leads, pick-offs, hit & runs, situational defense, situational pitching, hitting to all parts of the field, etc.
- Providing a more competitive environment to compete for starting positions (mimicking high school methodology) during the second half of the season.
- Farm-system model: Allows for players to move between teams in order to gain as many innings/at bats necessary/based on areas needing development.
- Academic Progress Report: Players must maintain a B- average. If below, will require signed notes from parents upon completion of homework in order to practice/play.
- Community Service: We will as a team complete one project of community service this season.
Camps & Clinics:
Through partnerships with local area coaches, we hope to bring a high level knowledge base and experience level to a small player/coach ratio environment. Every player is different, and through lower ratio clinics/camps, players can really "get their money's worth." Stay tuned for upcoming camp/clinic dates.